First Post Here~Zebras

photognewbie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is one of my favorite animal pics..not sure why but i love it. I know not exactly natural as its at a zoo but i still like it.

bg5-1.jpg

First off, welcome to The Photoforum. And I like your post of the zebras. Nice work.

Heya photognewbie, welcome to ThePhotoForum!!! :D

This is a nice photo of zebras, who are very photogenic as they are, I think.
Do you apply a bit of pp to your photos or do you present them SOOC (as I learned as an abbreviation for Straight-Out-Of-Camera on this very TPF, i.e. ThePhotoForum)? I'm asking because there is yet more in your zebra photo than is showing right now, I am sure of that!

I did a little editing but not much. I just basically touched up the color a bit

It looks just a fraction over-exposed on my monitor, maybe 1/2 a stop or so. The light looks quite bright at the time of shooting, so I'd have expected more contrast, particularly the shadows look like they should appear darker than they do. Good looking animals for all that. When I get back to the UK at the end of next week, I'm planning on taking a look round Blackpool Zoo - not quite the top end of the market, but handy for a bit of practicing for me.

Agree with the above, this picture could be enhanced big time by some photomangle in PS. I would selective boost the greens and burn in the zebras

Thanks for the comments everyone. Anyone want to edit for me feel free. I dont have PS just Microsoft Digital Image Suite which im learning more of at the moment. I dont think it does as much as PS can though. Something i plan on investing in soon

I was going to right up until I realised that I don't have PS on this particular PC. I switch over in a while and see what I come up with.

OK, see what you make of this. The only thing I did was pull the curves around a little, nothing else

bg5-2.jpg

Hopefully I didn't pull them too far

I like that alot. Not so sunwashed. Thanks alot for your help

You might want to save that off somewhere. Sooner or later I'll undoubtedly delete it out of my webspace, perhaps not for a few months, but eventually.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back