First Post, Stairway to Heaven

Hawaii?!! You were a naughty boy sneaking up there. ;)
How did your legs feel after all that?! hehe
Actually we got on the stairs from behind the mountain (legal). We checked out the stairs and went down another ridge since there was a land slide at the bottom that happened the week before. It took about 11 hours total.

like the shot, hate the processing.
What don't you like about the processing? Can you be specific. It's good to hear how others look at photos.

The matte look/soft blacks take away a lot of the drama and contrast available in that shot. I want to see the lush greens and really notice the fog below. To me it serves no purpose here and doesn't invoke any extra emotion out out it.

Looking at the rest of your Flickr it just looks like maybe it's a standard part of your processing...

Very interesting photograph :)
Also, thanks guys for all the info about that spot :)

Great shot. I usually don't like the matte look but I think it works here.

What don't you like about the processing? Can you be specific. It's good to hear how others look at photos.

The matte look/soft blacks take away a lot of the drama and contrast available in that shot. I want to see the lush greens and really notice the fog below. To me it serves no purpose here and doesn't invoke any extra emotion out out it.

Looking at the rest of your Flickr it just looks like maybe it's a standard part of your processing...

You're just picky :p

I'm not being picky.

IMHO, the matte appearance and split toning degrade the image. I think it would be stronger if it was processed in a way to add depth, not make everything flat. It lacks contrast and vibrancy--we know those plants should be lush and green. The fog looks brown and dirty--the lack of blacks gives the entire image a hazy feel, not just in the valley below.

I like the matte look. Not sure why though.

Thanks for feedback. You are correct in that this is kind of my standard way of processing. I don't always use the matte look, but I thought this shot looked better this way. It came out pretty good as a print on a satin photo sheet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back