Some Interesting Urban Photographs

tamaramalena

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was trying to do something similar like on the photographs below but it is just not working for me as I would like. I fine those photographs really amazing..

IMAGES DELETED

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to let you know that it is not allowed to post images you have no rights for on this forum. You can post either your own photos or links to photos you like. Otherwise it will be deleted by moderators.

Well, since embedding images is allowed on that website (they also provide embed code) I don't see what that should really be a problem...

I was trying to do something similar like on the photographs below but it is just not working for me as I would like. I fine those photographs really amazing..
The examples are done in editing. It is a technique called "high dynamic range" - HDR for short.

Essentially, the photographer takes several shots of the scene without moving the camera between shots. He exposes through the range of under-exposed(for the highlights) and over-exposed (for the shadows) and combines them to make that effect. You have to have that kind of software to combine the shots.

So you could say that it is an editing trick.

Well, since embedding images is allowed on that website (they also provide embed code) I don't see what that should really be a problem...
The issue is with this site, not the other one. TPF respects the ownership of photographs. You did fine, I can see them when I click on the links.

Last edited:
Images look like over cooked Tone mapping.:thumbno:

Let me assure you, it is most certainly a problem. We are a community of photographers, and as such, MOST of us have a respect for the rights of others. Simply because an image is on-line does not mean you have the right to use it as you see fit. It's no different than downloading music off of a torrent 'site. If it's not your image, you're not allowed to use it. Recognizing that there is a lot of value in people being able to cite images as examples in a question, we do allow text links to images, but embedding images to which you do not hold rights is NOT allowed.

further more, if you post the link, you actually contribute to give traffic to the picture you're using as a reference. Which in return contribute (even so slightly) to the photographer who's originally have taken the shot. if you only post the image, people may ( won't ) bother to go and search for the photographer or the original website you've taken the image from.

Basically, it help you to get better to use them as a reference, and it help the photographer if you give traffic to his image. Simple exchange and it show respect for the craft.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back