First Prints Ever! AHHH!

Wiggly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well, these are my first prints ever. They aren't even the ones that I really wanted to print, I will have more to come by wed or thurs night. Please be honest and remember that I don't even like most of these so don't spare my feelings. THANK YOU! -kris

Oh and ftr, I don't really like film all that much, but I had to take this class just to get into digital soooo... ya know.

200401525.jpg

200401533.jpg

200401537.jpg

200401545.jpg

200401558.jpg

200401566.jpg

200401572.jpg

i like the pic of the friar, although it seems a little bit snap-shot'ish.

the garden is a nice shot also... too bad it's not in color

the one of the garden could be better if there were more contrast within the different types of vegetation. try to fiddle with the variance of shades in that one.

the one of the two buildings by eachother is clever. it might even have a statement behind it. in that one, i would try to make the baracade in front of the right building a little more obvious. it looks like an element thats being over looked.

the others look like snap shots. not bad tho.

I'm afraid this thread had to move from the Photo Critique to the General Gallery, since the guidelines for the Critique section say it is for ONE particular photo for which you want SPECIFIC critique... and you have posted a couple ...

Despite the fact that the Photo Critique section is among the "Foundations of Photography", it still is our "strictest" gallery forum, and general comments and critique are to be had in the other galleries, this is for SEVERE critique on ONE pic and SPECIFIC aspects that should be outlined by the poster beforehand.

thanks fo rthe comments so far everyone! I thought I got some decent angles and I tried to not be snapshot-ish, ahhh well. keep the comments comming!

Sorry LaFoto, I'm still kinda new and to be honest haven't taken the time to read some of the guidelines. I'll do a better job from now on though! :)

200401525.jpg

I really like the feel of this pic. I think the bottom is a little too dark, especially since you some interesting shadows going on down there. I also like how it has a miniture feel to it (or is that just me?)

200401533.jpg

I really like this pic. I like the balance and comp. The only issues I have with it are I don't like the stuff on the rt side (except maybe the remote control). I would also like to see it with more contrast. I'm a digi kinda guy, so I would have no prob putting this pic into PS and playing with it, but I'm assuming you can't do that and can only play in the darkroom?

200401537.jpg

I have several like this, and I don't really like any of them...sorry to say, this one doesn't do anything for me.

200401545.jpg

I feel like this one could stand for a bit of a CCW rotation...it seems to be leaning, and believe me, I'm the king of what has become known as the Jo Cose Tilt. Also, a little bumping of the contrast on the upper right, and lowering it on the lower left.

200401558.jpg

I like this pic. Again, my biggest complaint is that I think it needs more contrast.

200401566.jpg

I think that this is your weakest of the group. The angle is odd for some reason (I can't quite put my finger on why, though, sorry) and I find it very dark...you lose interest before you get to the spire. There is nothing that leads me from the bottom to the top.

200401572.jpg

I like this shot. Perhaps a tighter crop on the monk, and again, boosting the contrast, but I don't think it's snapshotish at all.

Good job, and I look forward to seeing more.

Yeah I'm a digi guy myself also... I really really don't like having to shoot black and white, and having to use the darkroom. I pretty much have no editing/printing skills whatsoever in the darkroom. :( Ahhhh well. Thanks for the comments I will deff keep them all in mind next time I go out.

As for contrast... I don't really know how to control it in the darkroom. Filters? I'm brand spanking new at this and am trying to learn as much as I can. Wedding work just doesnt seem to be... creatively fullfilling (sp?). I'll be posting some more in the next week or so! Thanks. -kris

Most reactions

Back