First roll w/ Leica M3 - Gay Pride Parade

rsilfverberg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
pbase.com
Bought a new-old Leica M3 (from 1964) and took it out on the town for a few weeks ago.

These are all photos from the first roll I've put through the camera - from San Francisco Gay Pride Parade.

Lens: Summicron 50/2.0 (rigid, version 1 from '64)
Film: Fuji Neopan 400
Meter: Handheld Sekonic L308-B meter but about halfway through the roll I ended up just guesstimating as the light was pretty consistent.

# 1 - "Watching the Parade"
30861190.jpg

#2 - "Big Guy"
30861221.jpg

#3 - "Coming Out"
30861234.jpg

#4 - "Yawn"
30861235.jpg

#5 - "Smile"
30861236.jpg

#6 - "Hot In The Sun"
30861237.jpg

Just shows you don't need all the "latest and greatest"!
Nice work.

I'm jealous of your camera :D would love a leica! Great shots. Contrast is unreal. :thumbsup:

I really like these shots. Great contrast and emotion. I particulary like the 1st one.

Thats a nice, very crisp documentary.

Are you a journalist?

wow, great work!
"coming out" is amazing, and I really like "watching the parade" I see it as the older man on the left has stumbled upon something new and scary to him, and he is just looking in awe at everything going on around him. And it looks like his attention is primaly focused on the large gay man with tattoos standing next to him. The only part that I can't tell is if the older man is looking at the other man in disgust, or happiness, thinking that he should of "came out" along time ago.
Now that is just how I perceive the picture, in reality it could have been the complete opposite. :D
or maybe it was just two people watching a parade :LOL:

Really great shots but just a word of caution. Unless you know for absolute certain that the subjects of your shots are gay and you have model releases you can get in real hot water if you publish them under titles like "coming out". Not that it matters here but if you sold them it might.

Again, great shots. Really like the second one.

Most reactions

Back