First shots from my first wedding

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
Shot my first wedding this weekend, and it went great!! :D It was so much fun, and hey, I made a few bucks to boot! :D

Here are the first few photos that have gone through post-processing. Some I'm going to have to go back and re-do, as the lighting was piss-awful and I'm still figuring out a good post-processing process to correct them.

IMG_1943-1_edited_RS.jpg

IMG_1929-1_edited_RS.jpg

And the big winner so far...
IMG_1921-1_edited_RS.jpg

Great work Shark!
And the big winner definately stands out. I'm not generally a fan of that technique but it works very well on that shot :D

I love that last one shark, did you blur it around the edges in PS though? I only ask because the blur doesn't seem constant enough to be DOF and it plays with my eyes a little.

Scurra said:
I love that last one shark, did you blur it around the edges in PS though? I only ask because the blur doesn't seem constant enough to be DOF and it plays with my eyes a little.

Yeah, it's a new technique I'm trying to simulate DOF. Still playing around with it to really fine-tune it... :D Good catch!

voodoocat said:
Great work Shark!
And the big winner definately stands out. I'm not generally a fan of that technique but it works very well on that shot :D

Same here. The bridal bouquet shot is about the only photo I'd probably ever use that partial coloration technique on.

Awesome pics Shark! Wedding photography is nothing I would even consider doing, but you obviously have it down pat! Can't wait to see more from this shoot and many more!!!

Shark, I love that last one in the second post. Great feeling and wonderful in b&w.

#2 from the 2nd set is cool!
Eventhough I'm not a fan of selective coloring, it looks great in pic 3 from the first set. :thumbsup:

Would you mind sharing the lighting set up you had?

danalec99 said:
Would you mind sharing the lighting set up you had?

Just the 'house lights', supplemented by my speedlite 550EX with a softbox attached to the front. I've had to do some major color-fixing with most of them (thank god for PS CS's #82 cooling filter enhancer!!) because the houselights were terribly low Kelvin-temp spotlights.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back