First Shots with Canon 50D

OffTheWall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
ievil.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i just upgraded and thought i would take some shots of flower let me know what i could do better next time :)

4734235809_cab44a8883_b.jpg

4734928650_ce3c75e2ef_b.jpg

4734954124_ddee6f757a_b.jpg

This is probably a prick thing to say and I don't mean to offend, but I think spending at least 5 seconds in quiet reflection would help you decide how to get better next time.

The focus is off in all three, and #1 and #3 could use more contrast.

Nice signature, by the way. The irony slays me.

the focus is definitely off - you may need to back up more to get good focus, depending on which lens you're using (especially the zoom lens) - on the positive side, i like the subjects you have used and think they will look much better once they are in focus.

Thank you for the input, ive never personally shot flowers before but im going to try again with the 50mil later today after work :). i also forgot to mention that pics 1 and 3 were from my old "sony alpha a230" and the middle one was from my 50d. don't get me started as to why i decided to move brands lol it was a horror of a decision but whateva :). I will post more for the critiquing on here.

Just remember when shooting with your 50mm just because you can shoot wide open doesn't mean you have too. I see a lot of people get that lens (I did the exact same thing) and never stop up from 1.8.

out of focus! I like the composition in the #3 picture though!

The colors in the #2 isn't doing much for me. Red is too strong on the wood background.

Just remember when shooting with your 50mm just because you can shoot wide open doesn't mean you have too. I see a lot of people get that lens (I did the exact same thing) and never stop up from 1.8.

LOL yeah this is true, i usually go for around 3.5 or 5.6 for a little bokeh, this shot i did 1.8 a little bit of rocks and a little wood

So here is the new shot with the 50mil. Used the live view and live af to focus directly on the flower so hopefully it looks a little better :) Let me know what you all think :)

4735663309_f7f802ccc2_b.jpg

LOL yeah this is true, i usually go for around 3.5 or 5.6 for a little bokeh, this shot i did 1.8 a little bit of rocks and a little wood

So here is the new shot with the 50mil. Used the live view and live af to focus directly on the flower so hopefully it looks a little better :) Let me know what you all think :)

4735663309_f7f802ccc2_b.jpg

This one is much better,really like it.

The rocks are in focus and the flower is not.

For now maybe stop focusing on the blur/bokeh and focus on the subject.

**pun intended. ;)

The rocks are in focus and the flower is not.

For now maybe stop focusing on the blur/bokeh and focus on the subject.

**pun intended. ;)
;):lmao: will do ive got some different images for now lol can't really do flowers lol.

Maybe this one will do it for you? lol

4737328674_b7a8193acb_b.jpg

Flowers don't seem hard to shoot, but they are.

You seem to be catching on, but just to reiterate a good sturdy fact is that it's a bad idea to have anything other than a solid, strong background. For example, a flower growing with weeds and dirt = no. A flower with the leaves and the wood shot you took = getting there. A flower against the log you took = getting closer. A flower against sky or a solid coloured background = best. But... it wasn't in focus. That's the problem I see.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back