First shots with my 70D

Stormchase

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I finally upgraded my Canon XS1000 to the 70D. Pretty happy so far. The double resolution is very noticeable.
Oh yeaah, I was shooting a 10-22mm EF-S I got a CP filter for it. This was really the first time the light was right to use it. I noticed when I was out at 10mm and even at 22mm it was just a cone shaped strip of polarization. (as seen in the first shot) not even close enough to use for the sky. Normal? Im guessing its time for a set of graduated haha.
Anyways I hope I didn't go over bored on the post sliders. Hear are a few from the first clicks. This is called Camelback mountain here in phoenix. Appropriate name for it.
Tips always welcome

1).
This was up in the mountains. Mid day so the light was pretty bad. Had to shoot tho.
F/16 - 1/13th @ 10mm
IMG_3456 by Stormchase73, on Flickr

2).
f/16 - 1/15th @ 10mm
IMG_3470 by Stormchase73, on Flickr

3).
This is shot from a mountain just north. I figured a Pano would fit perfect. Due to only having lightroom I didnt do a real pano. This is just a crop but I like it.
f/16 - 1/40th @16mm (iso 320 - just to see)
IMG_3494 by Stormchase73, on Flickr

4).
I have been trying to learn more about landscapes. Not always ultra ultra wide.
f/18 - 1/8th @ 90mm
IMG_3520 by Stormchase73, on Flickr

5).
a last minute flip turned out ok I think
f/18 - 1/2 @10mm
IMG_3538 by Stormchase73, on Flickr

Last edited:
Yes I just upgraded it that day, a Promaster FW29T. pretty sturdy.

I really like that last photo. Nice range of colors. I would probably crop a little off the top but otherwise, I like it.

Nice shots! Looks like a nice upgrade for you as well

Thanks and yes it really seems like a better camera! Just with the tripod comment. Do they seem soft? Just wondering. I could never hand hold at those speeds.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back