First Swimsuit - Maybe NSFW?

rp1600

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few from my very first swimsuit shoot with a friend of mine who has never really worked with a photographer before. She would love to get into modeling but not sure if she has what it takes. What do you think? All C&C welcome and expected.

IMG_9228.jpg

IMG_9285-150.jpg

IMG_9083.jpg

IMG_9190-150.jpg

IMG_9097.jpg

IMG_9080-150.jpg

In my comment I said she would love to get into modeling but not sure if she has what i takes . what i mean was that SHE is not sure she has what it takes. i beg to differ. :)

Did you create some fake bokeh?

Love 1 and 3. This lady has the same problem as a friend of mine, and that it that when she smiles she occasionally over does it and shows her gums. Just keep an eye out for it and as the photographer if you notice it respectfully ask her to tone it back slightly like in photo number 1 and 5.

Number 2 and 4 are great poses, number 2 especially with only the smile to complain about. Number 5, unless you're shooting for a very specific kind of target I would avoid that kind of crutch shot, and the same mistake I often make which is cutting off the tips of limbs. Number 6 i think looks unnaturally sad for someone who I think wants to smile. Oh and she has what it takes!

^^ This is my opinion and that doesn't make it right, overall good work!

Lovely model. Lighting, focus, color and composition are great. Skin tone is very nice. I think I agree with oCyrus about the bokeh too. It does look a little "manufactured" in #1 and #2. Also, the borders are a bit much for me, but thats just me.

Overall, very nice series. And yes, I think she has what it takes, but then again, I am no model scout. ;)

NJ

Bokeh in #1 is straight out of the camera. In #2 it is manufactured as i found it distracting. And I agree with some of the smiles being a bit, gummy.

She was trying for a serious/sexy look in the last one and she was afraid she wouldn't be able to pull it off. I think this girl spends 23 hours a day smiling. Always a smile on her face. I was fortunate enough to have her pose for me and now she's looking forward to more shoots together.

Thanks for the feedback. As always, greatly appreciated.

Watch #5, total crotch shot!!! She definately has the body for it.

Most reactions

Back