First Time Portraits

kacelle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
jordan1resizekb1.jpg

jordan5halfresizekr5.jpg

This was my first time shooting with a Nikon D70 and doing some serious editing with PSE 4.0. These were taken of my sister in our back yard. Critiques and comments are welcome!

I would try lightening up her face in both of these. They are a little too much in shadow for my taste. A fill flash or maybe a reflector would probably help get some light on her face if you were to reshoot sometime.

Yeah, I agree...more light on face...in eyes especially, would be nice. the light on the hair is nice.

the first one i nice, bu i think the second ones colour is a bit off. Levels should sort it out

The second one is in half-tones. I personally liked it better than the full-colour shot. But thank you for your comments!

I took your advice and lightened the faces using PSE 4.0. They look so much better! Here is the edited first picture and the second picture edited and in full colour.
jordan1resize2aq4.jpg

jordan5resize2ul8.jpg

Have to say I disagree with the braces comment. I think they put her at a specific time in her life and her smile is still fantastic with them. I think the full color of the second is better. Might be worth a try in B&W or even sepia for that one.

Like I said, I appreciate all comments/critiques. I've only recently turned 16 and I'm just learning.

I agree with Morydd that the braces show her as she is now and most people would rather have that than a closed-mouth smile.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back