First Time Posting

tallbell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been lurking around here for a very long time, I have been doing photography in a studio for the past 3 years. I finally won a Nikon from a maternity shot that I did with the company. After getting a D80, I fell in love. The list of things I want is so very long, like studio lights and background. I work with what I have and here are some shots that are recent.

PS I have gotten very inspired from this site and love several peoples work. I usually only search in this topic. Elsaspet, JimmyJaceyMom, NJMAN, Jemmy, woodsac, zendianah, I always look forward to your post.
A photo shoot with a four day old was very complicated. I knew from the begining that they liked soft focus.
168977025-M.jpg

168978533-M.jpg

168983129-M.jpg

They wanted me back for one month shots- I must be doing something right ?
DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

Ok, I am ready, let me have a healthy serving of C & C please.

I think you have some very beautiful shots!! I would only say that you need more light. Other then that I am loving these baby shots!

First of all, welcome to the forum!

I have some crits for you on these. The focus on the baby's hand is excellent in #2, but the hard shadow from the flash kind of ruins the mood. #3 needs a little work on the white balance, as the skin tone is a bit yellow. As for the rest of them, the lighting is rather flat. I would work more on more subtle lighting techniques if you are doing infant portraits.

On the positive side, the baby's expression is priceless in #4, nice capture! And you have a good eye for composition. Keep working at it, and keep posting. :)

NJ

You can truly take NJman's advice first.

You are off to a good start! The one glaring thing I see is the white balance. You need a tad more blue, or to desat the red a bit.
Don't be afraid of really grainy black and white. Number two is perfect for this treatment.
Put an 8x10 crop on the one of the family. Don't feel bad if you need to crop into the tops of their heads if ned be.
The one after that cracks me up every time. What a keeper! Burn the edges a bit to bring the viewer right into that cuties face.
On the last two, you have to same off white balance, but it's not a killer.
Overall, ya did good!

Most reactions

Back