First time shooting a model. C&C please!

Here is my version. Wish I had the raw file. I could made this WAY better. Let me know what you think.

Started with a guassian blur, then used overlay. Then turned down the opacity almost all the way. Then I brightened the white in her eyes. Lightened up her eyes for more color. Then some clone stamping on the face. And finished with a little airbrushing.

girlfinished.jpg

That's quite a bit better. Only thing I would suggest is when doing retouching, to use the clone-stamp tool, set it to a new layer, and check "Sample Layer's Underneath", this way any tone/contrast adjustments only affect the clone stamp layer - because it looks like the same has happened here: her shirt has gone to pot. Did you lighten her eyes on a level separate from the shirt?

Can get tedious sure - but it ensures that your work to improve one area, doesn't muck up another layer.

Here is my version. Wish I had the raw file. I could made this WAY better. Let me know what you think.

Started with a guassian blur, then used overlay. Then turned down the opacity almost all the way. Then I brightened the white in her eyes. Lightened up her eyes for more color. Then some clone stamping on the face. And finished with a little airbrushing.

girlfinished.jpg

That's quite a bit better. Only thing I would suggest is when doing retouching, to use the clone-stamp tool, set it to a new layer, and check "Sample Layer's Underneath", this way any tone/contrast adjustments only affect the clone stamp layer - because it looks like the same has happened here: her shirt has gone to pot. Did you lighten her eyes on a level separate from the shirt?

Can get tedious sure - but it ensures that your work to improve one area, doesn't muck up another layer.

Yes I did lighten up her eyes on a separate layer

Most reactions

New Topics

Back