Fisheye effect

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by Holly Marie, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Holly Marie

Holly Marie TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey there...I was wondering is there a way to get the fisheye effect to work in a program like psp? I've tried using the fisheye effect in the latest version of psp which is paint shop pro XI and it turns it into a circle. Like this,[​IMG] But I want the image to look like this,
    [​IMG]
    Is there anyone here that can tell me if I can do this with a program or do I need a lens?

(images found on google)

2. killcrazy

killcrazy TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i got a x0.42 convertor off ebay for £40 ($80US), which screws onto the front of my 18mm lens, and makes a fisheye effect that is quite good.

Obviously its not as good as a fisheye lens that costs £400 ($800US) but hey, its a tenth of the price. I got mine just to play about with, but i use it quite regularly now at gigs cos the bands love it.

and if you dont like it... stick it back on ebay and get your money back

3. eravedesigns

eravedesigns TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    ya those screw on things work well my friend had one

4. shorty6049

shorty6049 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i have one too and i'll say it works, but its not GREAT.... you wont get super sharp images or anything with it, but they'll be decent and you wont spend a huge amount of money on something you'll barely ever use. i'm not aware of any software that emulates fisheye though... the problem i see with that is that you need to have a wide shot to begin with, so you'd need a wide lens at least or it'll look wierd... if you have a very wide lens (probably less than 18mm) you may be able to get something similar in photoshop or something using filters...