Fisheye effect

Holly Marie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
hnsphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey there...I was wondering is there a way to get the fisheye effect to work in a program like psp? I've tried using the fisheye effect in the latest version of psp which is paint shop pro XI and it turns it into a circle. Like this,
fisheye_flower.jpg
But I want the image to look like this,

893-aurora-fisheye-ERS.jpg

Is there anyone here that can tell me if I can do this with a program or do I need a lens?

(images found on google)

i got a x0.42 convertor off ebay for £40 ($80US), which screws onto the front of my 18mm lens, and makes a fisheye effect that is quite good.

Obviously its not as good as a fisheye lens that costs £400 ($800US) but hey, its a tenth of the price. I got mine just to play about with, but i use it quite regularly now at gigs cos the bands love it.

and if you dont like it... stick it back on ebay and get your money back

ya those screw on things work well my friend had one

i have one too and i'll say it works, but its not GREAT.... you wont get super sharp images or anything with it, but they'll be decent and you wont spend a huge amount of money on something you'll barely ever use. i'm not aware of any software that emulates fisheye though... the problem i see with that is that you need to have a wide shot to begin with, so you'd need a wide lens at least or it'll look wierd... if you have a very wide lens (probably less than 18mm) you may be able to get something similar in photoshop or something using filters...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back