Fishing Failure

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Poor guy, He threw every thing at them, they just would not bite....

Taken with (handheld) Vivitar 400mm on Unknown body, ASA 800 (Uncropped full frame)
722763_006_F800_1.jpg

Bigger here

Last edited:
lol, didn't realize what it was till you mentioned it. Cool.

thanks, I realize it is pretty well covered in riversludge, but I spotted it from a few hundred feet out and figured that it was fairly clear despite it being underwater.

I guess the line "I threw everything but the kitchen sink" isn't as well known as I thought.

Also the fact that it is very likely actually a bathroom sink might have played into things as well but ......

it would be more humerous if it were immediately distinguishable that it was a kitchen sink....until i read that i thought it was a chair wheel or something.

I still don't see a sink. I see something resembling the head of a horse, and that, along with your title "Fishing Failure" meant so little to me ... I could not make head nor tail of this photo... But I want to keep in mind (from today onwards) the saying: "I threw in everything but the kitchen sink" as an angler's saying when he tried all his lures, to no avail. Must pass this on to my son, too :D. I like the saying (and I like the fact that I personally cannot only learn a lot more about photography on here, but also about the English language :D :D :D).

I wonder if there's a fish under there?

...i thought it was a chair wheel or something.
I see something resembling the head of a horse
i see dust pan with handle
It's interesting to see some of the inturpritations the minds of others have come up with for this one. Having seen sinks upside down I guess I kind of taken it for granted that everyone else had and would get it....that is my shortcomming on this one right there I think.
But I want to keep in mind (from today onwards) the saying: "I threw in everything but the kitchen sink" as an angler's saying when he tried all his lures, to no avail. Must pass this on to my son, too :D. I like the saying (and I like the fact that I personally cannot only learn a lot more about photography on here, but also about the English language :D :D :D).
That is the ghyst of it, when some one throws everything but the kitchen sink they are using every tool in their arsonal to try and achieve the goal.
I wonder if there's a fish under there?
I suppose it's possible, I fish these waters and I know there are fish in them so....maybe. ;)

Oh... thats what it is. I had know idea what I was looking at. :D

Most reactions

Back