flashy flash

jakedoza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jamsessionphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so I'm in the market for a flash for my 40D. I have a wedding I will be shooting and most likely more portraits.
I was looking at the 580EX II..
anyone have any response to this flash or maybe a different one? My Budget is about $500.
Thanks

The 580 is most likely your best bet. It' the top of the line model for Canon.

Depending on your use, you might be just as well off with the 430EX, which is a fair bit less expensive.

kinda what I was figuring.. and since my budget can afford it I might as well go for it.
I just wasn't sure if there was something else out there that others may prefer.
This is more of an investment for me so I will not have to buy a better flash later down the road.

so I'm in the market for a flash for my 40D. I have a wedding I will be shooting and most likely more portraits.
I was looking at the 580EX II..
anyone have any response to this flash or maybe a different one? My Budget is about $500.
Thanks

I have a 430EX and love it. If I had the budget for the 580, I probably would have bought it, but it is bigger and heavier than my 430 and the 430 works great for me. I felt I would rather spend the difference in price on additional glass and accessories. The 580 can work as a master with the 430, so if I ever go crazy with flash photography, I might add one to the armory.

Last edited:
This is more of an investment for me so I will not have to buy a better flash later down the road.
In that case, I'd strongly recommend the 580. Good choice. :)

I use the 580 exII on my 40D and my 400D. If there is a better flash unit, I haven't found it. The only complaint I have is that the new "quick release" type hotshoe mount doesn't want to mount on my of camera cord. The sliding lock gets too tight before being fully locked. However, I must admit that the cord is a generic brand.

Derrick

Most reactions

New Topics

Back