flickr users... help

rom4n301

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i wasnt sure were to put this thread so i just put it here. i have a flickr account but its not pro and my computer got infected with a virus so i had to get everything deleted and i had to reinstall windows so alllll my photos got deleted =[ most of which are on my flickr though =] but because i dont have a pro account i can only view 200 of them. does anyone know i how i can get the photos that are past the 200 that i can view without getting the pro account??? thanks in advance

This could be easily fixed with $20. Flickr is a great service and their pro accounts are dirt cheap for unlimited uploads/file sizes. If you can afford a computer you can afford the membership. :lol:

Yep, like bigalbest said, you can't get more than 200 photos without a pro account.

You can STORE more than 200 photos, but they won't be visible.

Have you tried logging in and looking at your photos? They should show up.

If you deleted everything off your computer, then whoever "fixed" it, didn't know what they were doing, because you could have easily saved what you wanted to. Flickr compresses and adds sharpening to images, so now the ones that you edited, and your originals are gone forever, something that could have easily been backed up prior to reformatting with a portable HD, or with a second internal master HD.

sucks for you. :\

If you deleted everything off your computer, then whoever "fixed" it, didn't know what they were doing, because you could have easily saved what you wanted to. Flickr compresses and adds sharpening to images, so now the ones that you edited, and your originals are gone forever, something that could have easily been backed up prior to reformatting with a portable HD, or with a second internal master HD.

sucks for you. :\
:roll:
Very helpful.

no there really was no other way to fix it cuz i couldnt get past the part were u login in to your account when you turn ur comp. on... =/ and yea i guess ima have to buy the 20 dalla thing w.e.

Last edited:
Download file recovery software. Unless you wrote zeros to your hard drive, then your files haven't gone anywhere.

no there really was no other way to fix it cuz i couldnt get past the part were u login in to your account when you turn ur comp. on... =/ and yea i guess ima have to buy the 20 dalla thing w.e.

That doesn't matter. Format a 2nd drive, install windows on it. Then put the original drive back in, set it to slave, your computer will still boot on the fresh install which will work perfectly, go to my computer, copy and paste what's on the "bad" drive that you want to save onto the fresh install drive, take that one out now, reformat the "bad" drive, then copy and paste the files back onto it, thus succesfully backing up your files and giving you a fresh install.

Did your knowledge of the English language also crash when the computer did?

LOL

All kidding aside, this should be a lesson in backing up. Always backup somewhere other than your main HD. Even a backup HD is a MILLION times better than nothing, and a decent 160 gig USB Harddrive is not much more than the cost of Flickr for a year.

....and a decent 160 gig USB Harddrive is not much more than the cost of Flickr for a year.
There's the problem I run into. Hard drives are cheap in terms of $ per mb ($ per gb nowadays). The problem is, you can't find 160, 200, 250 gig drives in the stores. Everything is 500 gig now and that is not cheap overall to us at median US income levels.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back