snerd

Anti-Dentite
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
internetwhispers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Has anyone used this software? It's for Automatic Micro Focus Adjustment for camera lenses. It looks pretty good from what I read, but I don't want to spend that kind of money if it's not going to work too well. I've tried the Dot Tune method.......... it was just too cumbersome to me. Thanks!

I was just reading about this today using the computer to calibrate,I never calibrated any of my lenses past or present and never really noticed if they where off. Going off charts maybe a good inexpensive way but does seem like a PITA especially indoors with lighting and all. I have another Sigma coming for birding on the brown truck for my Pentax and I really have to take the time to do this.

I was just reading about this today using the computer to calibrate,I never calibrated any of my lenses past or present and never really noticed if they where off. Going off charts maybe a good inexpensive way but does seem like a PITA especially indoors with lighting and all. I have another Sigma coming for birding on the brown truck for my Pentax and I really have to take the time to do this.
So was that a "for" or an "against"? The price is steep, that $69 Euro winds up $108 USD!! But there seems to be many happy, satisfied users. I've heard about this software for a couple of years, and after trying the Dot Tune method, I'm all for a more "automated" micro adjustment for all of my lenses.

I am for it.They do have a standard version semi automatic 19.95 Euro. a Plus Version 39.95 Euro then the Pro 69.95 Euro.

Are you a Mac or Windows person? I've had some issues with the Mac version crashing after running the tests, on two different machines. Not a big issue, just annoying. I'm going to test the Windows version under Fusion just to see if it's more stable.

I've only used it on one lens so far (my 24-120mm/f4), and will the adjustment was minor it did seem to sharpen it up slightly.

There are also aperture tests that you can use to identify the aperture sweet spot for a lens. I haven't dug into that as much ... it seemed to like f/5.6 for my 24-120mm which isn't surprising, but I figure I'll do more digging into the software when the weather is not as nice.

Mac here.Thanks for the heads up.

Windows here. I'm still debating........................ I see that Magic Lantern has incorporated Dot Tune into the builds now. That may be an option.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back