For the love of mantids 8 pics

LongDucDong

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I admit to having a love affair with praying mantids. :heart: I spent quite a bit of time in the summer shooting them in their natural environments as well as shooting some that I keep as pets. Here are some of my faves.

These were all taken from my Photobucket page, so some quality has been lost. All C&C greatly appreciated.

P-3.jpg

angledmacroofM-1.jpg

OrangeBGwahlbergiifrontal.jpg

P.jpg

brownmantidangled.jpg

brownmantidonmyhandlookingatme.jpg

biggreenmantidstaringatme.jpg

biggreenmantidonwhiteflowers.jpg

Nice photos, I really like mantids, is #3 and 4 a spiny flower mantis, those and the orchid mantis are my favorites, do you know where I could get some?

Thanks for looking and commenting!

El Shorty, you can look on www.petbugs.com under the USA invertebrate classifieds or on www.mantidkingdom.com. Hope this helps! And youre correct on the ID! The spiny flower mantids are Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii.

Great macro work on these shots!

I know i posted here before, very nice shots, i like them all, the decapitation would have been better with a little more DOF, but i guess you were maxing out anyway. I still cant see picture number 1, and i like the others soo much i think i am missing out, what is it? Number 3 is my fave, but well done on all of them.

tim

Beautiful. I really like #'s 3 and 7. I have never seen a mantid like #3.

:thumbsup: these are great!
keep them coming

Most reactions

New Topics

Back