For The Nature Photographers - A New Fad

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Sadly, if a bear attacks a selfie shooter ... then the bear is earmarked for removal or worse. I think a bear selfie shooter has to pay for their own medical bill.

People in these situations really do deserve whateve prize they are issued. It's a shame that the bear would have to be punished for being a bear.

If Darwin was right, how come we have even more stupid people today than in years past?

Because our Nanny-minded society caters to stupid. "Caution Hot" on coffee mugs, "Do Not Ingest" on bottles of Clorox bleach... then when people DO get hurt playing stupid games, the drooling litigious nature of the beast rears it's ugly head and rewards them for it.

It's stupid. Let players of the stupid game win their stupid prizes and "stupid" will be bred out of society.

My .02 sense.

Now if you wil excuse me I'm going to rush over and pet this strange feral dog.

I want to hear more about these people, or these bears, and the perplexing that is going on.

I saw an articke about 2 months ago about the same thing in Yellowstone, they had to shut down some roads due to the traffic jam of everyone stopping to get selfies with Grizzly that had been hanging out by the roadway for a few weeks. I've seen people on Skyline drive jump out of their cars and chase after bears into the woods that they saw crossing the road. I really wish these bears would turn around and snack on them (unfortunately the bear would suffer for doing exactly what it should be doing to protect itself). I think most of these idiots don't realize that they are wild animals and that they can't outrun one. They think it's a cuddly cute little teddy bear.

The one time I saw a bear in real life, it was a black bear. They're pretty common in this area. Buzz and I were biking near New Paltz and as we rode around a bend and came into a long straight, we suddenly saw a bear at the other end of the straight coming in our direction. All of us stopped dead in our tracks. Both of us started muttering - very quietly of course! - "Holycrapholycrapholycrap." Then the bear turned around and started lumbering in the other direction. He seemed about as scared as we were. Every couple of steps, he'd stop, look back to see if we were still there, and then started lumbering again, a little faster this time.

We stayed where we were for a few minutes and then very cautiously kept riding, looking all around to make sure the bear wasn't just off the path or something, but we didn't see him again.

A selfie with a bear? People are idiots.

From what I have gathered from the internetz, the single biggest problem that most of these selfie-seekers are experiencing is that they are finding their perfected duck lips expression is no good with bears....one really needs to do the much more challenging bear-lips snarl...which is ugly on people but oh-so-easy for bears, and so it's been very difficult for these people to make this transition.

From what I have gathered from the internetz, the single biggest problem that most of these selfie-seekers are experiencing is that they are finding their perfected duck lips expression is no good with bears....one really needs to do the much more challenging bear-lips snarl...which is ugly on people but oh-so-easy for bears, and so it's been very difficult for these people to make this transition.

1289306647_lip-blowing.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back