For those who know... Nikon 80-200 Push Pull Worth $400?

:lol: Yeah, 3 pounds of lens will take some getting used to I'm sure!

It's the Nikon f/2.8 workout routine. Most start with light weights like 35-70 f/2.8's or 24-70 f/2.8's. Then as your strength builds up, you add a 80-200 or 70-200 f/2.8. And of course when you have gotten used to that weight range you toss in a 300 f/2.8. When your fully ready for the olympic trials. You should be in the 600 f/4 weight range. :lmao:

You will not be dissapointed in the lens. Over 10 years now on my lens and still happy with it.

It's the Nikon f/2.8 workout routine. Most start with light weights like 35-70 f/2.8's or 24-70 f/2.8's. Then as your strength builds up, you add a 80-200 or 70-200 f/2.8. And of course when you have gotten used to that weight range you toss in a 300 f/2.8. When your fully ready for the olympic trials. You should be in the 600 f/4 weight range. :lmao:

You will not be dissapointed in the lens. Over 10 years now on my lens and still happy with it.

Who needs a Soloflex or Bowflex with 2 or 3 40lb gadget bags full of gear?

It's not that bad. My 70-200 on my D90 was easy to walk around with all day. Just wait till you throw that telezoom on a metal body. :confused:

10 years huh? Do you have maintenance done on the lens? If so how often?

I have a feeling the grip will be going back on in the near future.

I am guessing a D90 and grip is similar to a D300 and grip. If this is the case. A gripped camera and using the lens tripod mount can be a pain deppending on the tripod head. Definate interferance between the grip and head with all 3 of my heads. Even with my 300 f/2.8 its a pain. I had to resort to mounting the QR plate 90 degrees on the lens. Works the same but gave more room for mounting and dismounting the whole combination.

Should be OK, it's a Manfrotto 488 midi ball head, nothing to get in the way really. I've only used my tripod 3 times in almost a year though.

+1 to what Derrel said...

Even if you don't like it, you oughta be able to resell it for $400 or more.

Forgot to mention that the Nikon lens is T - O - N - S better built than is the Sigma (I have had both the Sigma APO and the Nikon lenses), and you can just hold it to feel the difference.

i am looking at a 80-200 f/2.8 as well and also i am looking at a sigma 70-200 f2.8 HSM I.. so are you saying that the older nikon one will be TONZ better than the sigma??

Most reactions

Back