Foreground ??

Lamora

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I am in Farm Country, very pretty mountains all around, some rivers and lakes. But mostly Farm Land. My question is, when taking a picture of the mountains, or any landscape, what is considered "foreground"? All I see is old fence posts, weeds and such. I know I can use them, but to me, it seems to take away from the picture I wanted. I would like to know if a field would be considered a foreground? Or should it have something else there? I have seen photos of just fields, with the mountains behind it. Would the field be the foreground?

Thanks in advance for any advice/comments you may have. I was just wondering is all.. :)

In general, the foreground is the area in front of the subject; if your subject is a mountain range then yes the field in front would be the foreground. It's important to consider both foreground and background as well as the subject in your composition. Many a great image has been let down because the photographer didn't consider the garbage can in front of the subject, or the tree "growing" out of her head behind...

Thanks so much! So if I can get a good field, then they should be ok. And yes, I have been guilt of the "stuff" in the picture. Sometimes the garbage around the roads and what not is a real headache for a good photo. But I am becoming more aware of it.. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back