jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

This pic was an experiment that I didn't know was an experiment. It was not a great picture, cloudy, foggy, etc. I started playing with the levels, and basically this is what I came up with. I'm not sure if I like it or not, so I would really some honest feedback from you good folks.

Thanks. And thanks for looking.

20060821205159_dsc_2769.jpg

Interesting photo, see your point about like & not like this one. Has a classic b&w fell to it, but I find the foreground a little distancing, could try darkening or cropping the foreground(the buildings very lower right) , also did you compare the monotone with a full B&W

I'm sorry I can't find thise picture interesting or beautiful in any way. I don't know, it's probably just me, don't be concerned I haven't got any idea about photographing, it's just my opinion..

Thanks for the comments. I actually played with making the buildings in the foreground lighter and darker. This was the best I could do. Bear in mind that I'm also working on a Mac laptop. I usually check out the pick at work before I post (I have a flatscreen there), but I forgot to this time :)

Yea, this is with a -50 saturation. I tried full B/W and I didn't like it. I like that tint of blue-green.

Holland, no worries, not everyone likes everything all the time. At least you're honest, and I appreciate that. The one thing that I would suggest is try to articulate what is it that you don't like about pictures. As long as you don't just say they suck or it's dumb or stupid, I don't think anyone will be offended. Also, it's a good exercise for you, as it helps you think cogently about what it is that you like and don't like about art and what attracts you to certain pictures and not others...just a suggestion.

Most reactions

Back