voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've posted it before but it was mixed with other shots. So I'd like a serious critique.
This was before I went digital.
Shot with my Minolta w/50mm 1.7 lens with a closeup filter.
Fuji Provia 100 handheld
F8 1/30

peppers.jpg

I like the clarity of the picture. But, I think it may be a bit too close. It makes it hard to tell what it is. Peppers?

I have to say I love this. Of course, I use peppers a lot so I had no problem knowing what they were, but I could see how it would be hard.
I really love the texture and colors of this. Is this cropped any after scan or this the whole image?

Lungfarmer said:
I have to say I love this. Of course, I use peppers a lot so I had no problem knowing what they were, but I could see how it would be hard.
I really love the texture and colors of this. Is this cropped any after scan or this the whole image?
No crop whatsoever. Though I kind wish i would have backed up a bit so if I wanted to do an 8x10 crop I wouldn't lose any of the dead pepper.

i loved the peppers the first time they were posted. i think the composition is spot on and the colors are vibrant. gotta love a 50mm...

md

Nice Texture, nice vibrant colors. This is proof that compositional rules aren't always needed to make a powerful image.

Okay, I need a new monitor at home. Here on the computer at school the colors pop and the texture is great. At home, I squinted, turned my head and still couldn't figure out what I was looking at!

AlisonS said:
Okay, I need a new monitor at home. Here on the computer at school the colors pop and the texture is great. At home, I squinted, turned my head and still couldn't figure out what I was looking at!
It is a pretty low key photo, so if your monitor is dark I'm sure it wont show up very well. I replaced my monitor last year as the phosphors die out over time. The difference is incredible.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back