Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, last night instead of being home watching House we were in the ER, for four hours to check on the baby because I was bleeding. The good news is that everything is just fine, Baby Power has a nice strong heartbeat and I was even able to see him/her waving a little arm bud on the ultrasound. As much as we in the US grumble about our health care I have to say I was very impressed by the staff at the hospital. They were reassuring, upfront and ran several tests to ease my mind that the baby was okay. Since we were not able to get in touch with my ex-husband the boys stayed with us and actually did an excellent job of listening while we were there. The nurses station was stocked with books and before they took me off to the ultrasound my oldest wanted to make sure I would let him know if he's getting a brother or sister, but he had to settle for just finding out that his new sibling was growing and had a heartbeat. He even gave me the thumbs up sign before I left (what I give to him when he's playing t-ball and makes a good play). :mrgreen:

Awww your kids sounds so sweet.
Glad to hear the baby's alright too. That must've been scary.
My boyfriend's sister-in-law had exactly the same thing happen to her not long ago. scary stuff!

good god, Alison.....! :shock: I'm so glad everything's okay. :hug::

The boys sound like they handled things in big-boy fashion. :thumbup: :)

Glad everything's ok. I'm sure the docs told you, but it's perfectly normal for a woman to have a pseudo menstral cycle for a month or two after she's pregnant. Prolonged cramping would be a sign that something major is wrong.

Thanks guys! And Robert, yes they did. They said it can be that, or caused by sex or any other number of reasons that are perfectly normal and no cause for concern. However, try telling that to a pregnant woman who is bleeding and she's not likely to listen until everything is shown as okay :D

sheewww!! I saw the thread title and freaked!! Glad everything is okay!! Hey no more kinky stuff until the baby is here!!!

What a horrible scare. Normal or not. I'm glad everything is A-ok with you and Baby Power. Extra hugs to the boys for being such troopers. You've obviously raised them well. :hugs:

My son and daughter-in-law went through this a couple months back. Everything is working out fine for them. I hope you can find some comfort in knowing this. They did not have a repeat episode.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

-Pete

I'm so glad everything is fine!!! I can't imagine what that must have been like. Sounds like you have the sweetest kids ever too ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back