Fun with Holga

Ok. The Super Sampler shots need to be scanned. There aren't any good ones, But I did take the camera out thus weekend so hopefully there will be some good 'uns. I came across this shot when I was digging through the archives. I may like taking photos of the camera more than taking photos with the camera. Let me know what you think.

I agree, that IS a good shot of the funky little thing. :D Still think it's fun to pull good images from funky little things, though, so absolutely click away and let's see what it can do!

hiya guys

craig your one's casing and colors are much funkier than the one i owned
briefly. i had a kinda translucent white one. never did get to use it before
i sold it on to someone through ebay. had an idea to take some shots of
mods on their lambrettas scootering past - i should've have tried it out !
real precision-engineered arent they those action-samplers :wink: :D
hope you'll take something with it you'll upload to see soon.
that would be cool.

(good website that you all maybe know about already...
http://www.lomography.com)

The camera that Amanda posted a pic of is the Lomo Automatik or Automat, or something like that. It is also just called "the Lomo". It is marketed as a marvel of Soviet spy technology with a high tech, secret light amplifying lens. This is all BS; it's just a cheap 35mm point-n-shoot with slowsync always on. But whether secret technology or slow sync, it still takes fun pics. The website that markets these cameras to the world sells a bunch of other fun cams, and hence the name Lomo has started to come to mean any sort of wacky little plastic camera.

I have a blue and black camera just like the one Craig posted. I think mine came with literature calling it a "Quad cam", although I've seen them sold as "Action Samplers". These are made in China. There is a new model Quad cam out that allows you to take the quad shots one at a time if you want, or set it on several speeds of action sampling.

It is marketed as a marvel of Soviet spy technology with a high tech, secret light amplifying lens. This is all BS; it's just a cheap 35mm point-n-shoot with slowsync always on.

I love reading stuff like this. It cracks me up. :LOL: Thanks for that one, Matt!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back