Funny Comments you get when you have your "big" camera

Well, this sounds like she was just seeking conversation with you, no matter about what. It is called "chatting up" ;)

Or she was just about to tell you her secret places to get good images of ducks. You never know.

i agree with this. you have to stay fairly objective and open-minded when someone approaches you when you're out with your gear. not all confrontations are intended to be negative, some people are just trying to help out. i've had more people try to give me advice than bash what i'm shooting at/with.

you guys have all the fun
Sure, but some of them just don't realise it ......(what a waste!) :wink:

*thinks* I could get me a beaten-up old 1000 mm lens (screw mount, broken ring), stick it on my old Spotmatic, stick that on top of my old Gitso, hang the old Goosen off my neck (if that doesn't look professional I don't know what does ...) and park myself near the beach at Del Mar, say.

Sounds like a winning strategy. I daresay it's been employed before. :wink:

Which begs the question, how can you tell that the shooter is the real thing and not some imposter like me? .....

Personally when I shoot my wife and niece "modeling" we always hear the same comments. "Oh, look, professional models!" Now is it my camera or my wife...I don't know. :lovey: :lol:

Also a lady approached me last week while I was doing an engagement shots for a customer and asked if she could borrow my camera for an hour to shoot her sons baseball game.

HAHAAHAHA! That is great. Did you have a witty reply, or simply walk away?

We have a Mark D3 with a grip on a Custom Bracket, with a flash on top of the Custom Bracket. My husband uses this camera as I could never hold something so heavy.
What we hear all the time is, "DAMN" lol

HAHAAHAHA! That is great. Did you have a witty reply, or simply walk away?

I told her I was almost finished, then I gave her my rates. She seemed confused that I would charge her and she left mutturing something about it not even being a video camera.

Mostly I just notice when I have my camera with the big lens on it people like DIVE out of the way like it's a gun or something and they're afraid to get in front of it! haha.

And I LOVE when I show someone the book of pictures I have of images that are the better of the ones I have andthe person looking says _ I have to get a camera like that! :lol:

When in London, and especially Trafalgar Square, I find that people often hand me their cameras for me to take their photo - but only when I have my D2x with me - perhaps they're thinking "That thing's so big & heavy he can't run off with mine too"

I also find people like to stand near and see what I'm shooting, then they don't believe me when I say they are in the shot and could they move - seems Johnny Public has no idea what wide-angle means!

I was filming a wedding yesterday and at the reception this drunk lady came up to me and asked if I was a official part of the professional photography crew. I said no I'm the videographer. She got real happy and said "Sweet can you take my picture with my husband before we change clothes?" I laughed and said yea let me find a photographer for you. She was dumbfounded hahahahahaha

Well I Haven't got any comments while shooting but the other day I was pricing and looking at Digital SLR's (buying the canon XT on thursday) and I asked one of the guys if they had the kit that doesn't come with the kit lens (Have a lens that came with my k2) and one of my friends that was there tryed to tell me all camera's had lenses so then I picked up one of the SLRs they had on display there and clearly showed him that a lens can be taken off and what a camera looked like without one. I don't think the store liked the fact that I done that though cus the people working there were stairing at me.

Well, this sounds like she was just seeking conversation with you, no matter about what. It is called "chatting up" ;)

Or she was just about to tell you her secret places to get good images of ducks. You never know.

true, i call it bold because i generally dont like to talk to people too much :lol:

And I LOVE when I show someone the book of pictures I have of images that are the better of the ones I have andthe person looking says _ I have to get a camera like that! :lol:

What they really mean is they need to get a photographer with a camera like that to take pictures like that...meaning they need to hire you! ;-)

Here's my story to add to the thread...

I've had it happen 3 times where I have a prime lens on my camera and someone asks me about it. I explain that it's a prime lens and doesn't zoom but that inconvenience is made up for in better picture quality. The person then picks up the camera and turns the focusing ring (even if it's on auto-focus) and comments on how they see what I mean about it not zooming.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back