Gallagher Pier

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got this shot at Gallagher Pier in Buffalo, NY last night. This was around sunset.. just not a very colorful one.

I've been trying to shoot this spot for 3+ years now, but the weather never cooperates. This is probably the best attempt so far, but still not what I'm envisioning.

Landscape shooting really is a game of luck and patience.

i-XVzPjKW-X2.jpg

quite like the shot, what would it look like if you worked on getting the rail more vertical throughout?

quite like the shot, what would it look like if you worked on getting the rail more vertical throughout?

I'll have to try when I get home. I aligned it to keep the horizon like perfectly level.. I'm always Leary of having a crooked horizon.

I'll have to try when I get home. I aligned it to keep the horizon like perfectly level.. I'm always Leary of having a crooked horizon.

keep the horizon level, just correct for distortion -- it gets pretty extreme at that right edge:

upload_2017-6-23_9-50-38.png

keep the horizon level, just correct for distortion -- it gets pretty extreme at that right edge:

View attachment 142020

Gotcha!

Honestly, recognizing distortion is a weak point of mine. Beyond clicking the button in Lightroom to autocorrect for it, I don't know much about it.

im currently obsessed with vertical lines :p

used lightroom's guided alignment tool.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back