Garden

Freddy C

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum and looking for serious critique. Point out what's not good and was is please :)

gardenj7dp.jpg

ohhh photo toooooo big. Can you please resize it and then we'll be able to see the whole thing without scrolling all over the place.

So far, I like the colours. They're amazing. And the lighting is gorgeous!

Until the rock came into the picture I thought "Hey, nice, what a tranquil scene". Lovely, warm colours, too, and then those two trees framing the turret (is that the right word for that thing?) with the bench slightly removed, and all those daffodils... but then came the rock.

And I think this rock divides the photo in two. Since you have a very deep DOF, the photo is sharp from bottom to top. So the part below the stone could stand on its own, and so could the part above it. Together, however, I find the rock very distracting.

Cudos for the warmth of the afternoon light that you caught, though.
Is this somewhere in England then?

Ok, i managed to resize it myself by opening in another window.

Again, I love the colours. But i don't like the big rock in the picture. It's stealing all the attention away from that lovely chair and wall and flowers. But despite that, I like the picture. It's an absolutely gorgeous place!

Hey, Meysha and I posting at the same time.
I quite like the big size because by scrolling you can check it out in its two halves :)

Thanks for commenting :D

Yea, the rock was something my mom picked out of this one, she too said it was too big. I'll take that in mind next time :)

I would have resized this one, but some of the detail would have been lost.

Edit: btw are some of you using 800x600 screen res?

I have to agree with everyone else. I would make it into two pictures: one focusing on the bench, and the other focusing on the rock. I like the composition of the bench surrounded by flowers and the wall behind it. Good find.

Nice shot. I guess I'm going to have to generally agree with people about the rock and the bench although I do kinda like them both. Maybe a smaller DOF and focus on the rock. I like the tones in the rocks quite a bit though and throughout the rock wall in the back.

I'm going to argue for the rock, though I agree you could have two images.

Without the rock, let's say you cloned it out, there would be too much space below the chair. I think the shape of the rock enhances the triangles (nicely used I might add) in the composition. Is a very strong photo, and the rock doesn't really detract from the picturesque qaulity of the image. I vote to leave it as is, though if you were going to make some digital edits I would make the sky nicer.

Thanks for critiques

firstly, I'll say that I tried to rescue the sky, but branches are a REAL pain and I didn't bother.

cropping on top of the rocks is a good idea, but I really don't want to see the flowers beneath go.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back