Getting out of photography, switching hobbies

samal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I just want to say thanks to all the posters on this forum, I learned a lot here and enjoyed my stay.

I got the calling from my other hobby - motorcycles and I am picking up a dedicated track/race bike in addition to the street bike. I have been abusing my street ride on the track lately, and loved it, so it's time to get a proper track weapon.

Unfortunately, my wife said no additional funds are available for toys, so I have to re prioritize my hobbies - I have 3 - firearms, photography and riding and photography has to go for now - The seller is willing to take my 40D body and 18-50 lens as a partial trade for the bike and I have a buyer for my 70-200 lens. I will post other bits and pieces here for sale soon.

I hope to be able to slowly rebuild my photo kit in the future and come back

In the tried and true tradition of gamers everywhere, I must ask the following question...

Can I haz yer stuff?

:)

smiley-violent081.gif
Snap out of it!

but you gotta take pics of your new bike!

I'm A.D.D. with hobbies.
I did give up riding 2 years ago though, so I guess I went the opposite way.

Good luck though, and stay shiny side up!

I am still riding street and track, but I just realized that I am really missing my gear, so I am back here. Looking to get Canon 50D, 580 speedlite and couple lenses, I really liked my Sigma EX 18-50 F/2.8 and 70-200 f/2.8, so hopefully will have it again. My 40s B-Day is coming in a month so, that's going to be a gift for myself as I already have other midlife crisis toys

My other hobby is very exciting and we have local photographers at Gron4 Photography documenting it (I own this photos):

IMG_5931-vi.jpg

IMG_9563-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Wimmenz is for cold winter nights when riding is impractical. All other times the bike is paramount. Enjoy your time on the track.

Track Day weapon.
08.jpg

Cant read the writing, but is that a mk1 tuono? My dad has a 08 one :D Beautiful bikes,
widow-makers though lol The difference between the two models is so different!
I'd give up photography for a bike ;)

Cant read the writing, but is that a mk1 tuono? My dad has a 08 one :D Beautiful bikes,
widow-makers though lol The difference between the two models is so different!
I'd give up photography for a bike ;)

Yes it's a first generation Tuono.

Why would you give it up? A full life is what you should aim for. Besides they're great subjects.

superhawk.jpg

If I had a choice between the two i mean, if i could have both i sure as anything would do :D and are you are right about them being good subjects, here is my dads:
IMG_0137_8_9.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back