Getting Paid for What you love to Do!(TUTORIAL)

[Dillz]

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dylanwhite.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Getting Paid for What you love to Do!
-is it possible?
-if so how can I make money?
-what do I need to do?
All these questions and more I will answer right here right now just for you!

Steps to Getting Paid for What you love to Do!
Hello Friends!
Do you just love making your art? DO you wish you coulod get good money for it? Well you can! Here are some steps and pointers to have the money come your way.

1. When doing your art, go the extra mile on your own. Make it look the best it ever could. Tell yourself that your making this for the president, or king, or someone you really admire maybe that special girl in class. Put your heart and soul into it. Don't be mad if people don't like it. Be glad they are telling the truth!

2.Depending on what you specialize in. Sigs will not get you work at all..so its best to make things that the world would buy. Like poster, website, logos ect....For me im good with manipulations. thees are used in the world today such as in magazines, movie covers, or presentations for companies. I have been doing pretty well on this and my photography.

3.Make yourself a portfolio. Once I did this people started hiring me. ^^
Be sure to make it look classy and clean. place different types of your best works on there. like CD covers, poster, sites, busyness cards ect...
Send your link to EVERYONE YOU HAVE EVER MET!

4. Dont be afraid to tell people about your skills. Send you site around, tell friends and family. Post bitchen fliers around your school, or street, even your church. I do this all the time for photography and now I dont even need o because people like my work, and they will like yours as well! When people ask what you charge never give a price. Say "Well ill work within your range". If they say $20 for a web site then you are guna have to negotiate a better deal for yourself. WHATS WRONG WITH THAT?
For photography I charge $50 for a simple shoot. One light, one location, and one hour.
I also charge $120 for a better shoot, 3 lights, makeup artist, great location. :D

Take these simple steps and work with them. Study your craft and work hard. Always make yourself look good. don't be afraid to ask for more money. Be kind and have fun doing what you love, and always make more FRIENDS in your work!

Now go out there and make some money!

helpful Links:
Carbonmade : Your online portfolio.
SitePoint : New Articles, Fresh Thinking for Web Developers and Designers
Show Your Art - Promotion Tips for Artists
Free Web Templates - Free Website Templates - Free Logo Design - Templates Box

My Site:
dylanwhite.net

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this! It was very helpful and encouraging :)

Ugg.
Ok, just some technical questions I could find on the internet about you in two seconds.. (Business People Stuff)

1. Are you a DBA?
2. Do you have a State Sales Tax ID number? (it would take me two second to look up, and if I was the evil kind, I could turn you in for not paying, and get out of a quarter of my taxes).
3. Do you carry your state required liabilty bond?

Those are just the things you MUST have to be in business. But her is some more for you:

Do you carry insurance for yourself and your clients?
Are you a member of any agency that regulates photography?
Are you proficient enough to give advice to others?

Just asking.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back