GIMP users

tommac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,
I'm very new to gimp and this is my first try a post processing. Any help would be appreciated.
I want to tag my images with "Tom Mac Photography". How do I go about this in Gimp and save it so I can add it to all me new images?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards

Tom Macaulay

This is achieved in finder not GIMP or Photoshop

Don't know about that....

I use GIMP to watermark my photos. Here is how I do it.

1. Create your logo with a transparent background.
2. Select your logo, hit copy, then hit paste as, then paste a brush.
3. Save the brush as "Watermark XX" or whatever.
4. Open your photo and hit the brush icon.
5. Select your newly made "logo brush"
6. Scale it to the size you want, and up the opacity if desired.
7. Click it where you want it.
8. Next photo.

Here are my results....
4476824653_5dc99b37bd_b.jpg

p!nK

Do I create my logo in Gimp or another program?
This sounds easy enough but for a Gimp newbie is it easy to create logos, where in gimp do I do this?

The manual or help section didn't download when I downloaded the software!:meh:

Do I create my logo in Gimp or another program?
This sounds easy enough but for a Gimp newbie is it easy to create logos, where in gimp do I do this?

File/New/Advanced Options/Background Transparent. Give yourself a lot of space to work with, I usually do 8X10

If you give me some ideas of what you want it to look like, I might be able to rough something up for you and at least give you a head start.

p!nK

I just want it to say Tom Mac Photography. Nice and suptle yet readable.
You're a true Gentleman.

mrpink is spot on with creating a Brush. Once you have your logo created you save it as a brush... When you want to watermark your image, you don't need to worry about opening the watermark, resizing it, copying it, and pasting, and orienting it... Just select the paint brush tool, select your watermark as your brush, slide your scale bar to an appropriate size, and click where you want it on the image.

The best tool out there for Gimp is You Tube... There are a ton of tutorials out there. I just went to youtube and searched for "Gimp Logo" and it returned 785 results. Searched for "Create Brush Gimp" and it returned 359 results.

When I first started using Gimp, I went right out and bought a book....waste of money, in time, I found YouTube to me much more helpful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back