Glamour Photographers! Great Opportunity!

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by socaltaras, May 19, 2004.

1. socaltaras

socaltaras TPF Noob!

June 5th - Glamour Bash in Orange County, CA!

Six to Ten models (including me!) with twenty to twenty-five photographers. All having fun, with great shots at a great price. It runs from 11-2 with one-on-one bookings available afterward! And when you book talent the day of the shoot, we waive all studio rental fees, lighting fees and most other surcharges.

Perfect for beginner to advanced photographers!

Sign up today! All this for only $60 when you pay in advance or $75 at the door. Reservations are recommended!

Advance payments may be made by Cash, Check, MasterCard, Visa or PayPal. Credit card payments are accepted by phone.

The studio is located at: 5241 Lincoln, Suite A-6, Cypress, CA 90630.

Call the office at (714) 484-2722 to sign up or for more information.

If you can't make this one check out the websites event list! We offer them a couple times a month and have photo workshops!

Check out the site for more details! www.socalpromodels.com

2. metroshane

metroshane TPF Noob!

You want me to pay to have the priviledge of shooting? where's the haha button?

My fee is $1200/day + expenses, including assistant, make-up, film, processing, etc.

3. socaltaras

socaltaras TPF Noob!

well this event is aimed at giving photographers the opportunity to work on their portfolio at a reasonable rate.

4. nikon90s

nikon90s TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    So what is the $60.00 for? If that the model fee and do they sigh a release? For the fee do we get a one-on-pne time? Why are the other photographers listed as a plus?

5. cfoto

cfoto TPF Noob!

I've been a photographer for a number of years, I was also in the modeling business in the early 80's. This has scam written all over it. Now if this was a workshop, that may be a different story.

6. metroshane

metroshane TPF Noob!

I wouldn't necessarily call it a "scam"....just a silly sales attempt. I mean, you should never have to pay. Today there are thousands of people who think they are models that would pay you for the chance to have their pics professionally (even semi-professionally) made.

More power to these guys if they can get people to come, no one's forcing anyone.

7. cfoto

cfoto TPF Noob!

I call it scam. There's been many professional news write ups and Better Business Bureau reports that refer to this type of thing as a scam.

8. metroshane

metroshane TPF Noob!

fair enough.

9. DanielK

DanielK TPF Noob!

I think that's kinda harsh. Not every beginning photographer is all that great at getting decent models. If you can, then there's no need for you to go, but I don't see an issue if someone wants to.

Money makes the world go around. I don't see that 60 bucks is an unreasonable amount to pay for a beginner to go spend a day taking pictures of some attractive models and I'm not going to fault anyone for trying to make a buck off it.

If it's not as advertised, then that's different. Buyer beware.

I'm not sure about the whole spamming the forum thing, though.

Daniel

10. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

whatever happened to free?

md

11. DanielK

DanielK TPF Noob!

I think that's a bit unrealistic given the location of the thing.

And I'm not a big proponent of either a photographer or model giving away their services for free. At the very least, someone should get a token cup of coffee.

Daniel

12. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

hell im down for a cup of joe...but what happened to helping someone out with thei art? instead of the business aspect of it? it just sounds dumb to me...but what would i know...

md