Glowing Geysers

Youngun

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I had a time moving around to get a decent composition with my 50mm, but I think it turned out pretty well. Kodak slide film at around 10 seconds I believe. Just got the oppurtunity to scan it, so what do you guys think?

GvilleDwntwn.jpg

(http://www.geocities.com/insomniactkd/foto/GvilleDwntwn.jpg) in case this image link doesn't work. I haven't posted in forever.

By the look of things not only composition was a challenge, exposure was, too!
Now there is some background to be seen and recognised (is that Christmas decorations in the trees already?) - which I find a bit distracting - and the geysirs, as you call them, are a bit blown.

Have you played with exposure time a little?
Have you taken more than this one photo? Maybe one with a smaller aperture and another with a shorter exposure?

And ... the photo is too large! Would you consider downsizing it a bit to a maximum of ... say ... 800 pixels?

I think those are just lights strung up downtown. This picture is about 2 years old tho. By smaller aperture do you mean a smaller number to take out the background? I took another one with less exposure, but I haven't scanned it. On the slide it looked kinda boring, because if the geysers are exposed more accurately then pretty much nothing else is. I'll have to scan it and take another look tho. Thanks LaFoto

Most reactions

Back