Good Composition??

Stuie789

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey there. I posted a photo that a few people critiqued. And they said that I need to learn about Composition and the Rule of Thirds. I have a few photos that I took that I think have good composition. Let me know what you think. All feedback welcome. Thanks. -Rob

1327565284_l.jpg

AND....

l_6976f9d61ce65d4d7f030a6c856fd589.jpg

I think not. In fact, I think that composition is the least of your problems. In order to improve a photo via different composition, there has to be an interesting subject, or more to the point, an interesting way to shoot a given subject. And I would say with almost complete certainty that given what you did capture, there probably wouldn't be a more interesting way to shoot either one. So the question you should be asking yourself when you look at these two photos is whether they speak to you in any way, or evoke any response. Because I'm getting nothing.

Hey Stuie, I agree with MaxBloom: think about your subject. And please keep the pictures to one thread. (I saw the same in the General Gallery)

pascal

haha so true...

also you should read the rules as stated above the critique forum is for critique on a certain image..multiple images arent allowed in here

Okay. Thanks. I'm very new to the site so please give me an inch. And thank you so much for the feedback on the photos. I'm deff. going to take that to heart when I go out next. -Rob

Composition may not be quite the least of the worries. The first image does have what could look like an interesting subject (the empty pair swing), but it would require wild rethinking to get something interesting from it.

The first picture could have been better say if you would have lowered the horizon a little. ( better crop)
If you were behind the swing ( include the entire swing in the shot) and if there were people in the swing. Maybe black an white.

A little soft focus wouldnt have hurt either.

I didn't even notice the swing. I was looking at the lake to the right...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back