Good place to get a good price?

anemtchick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm shooting with a D40 right now and I really need to upgrade but just waiting on the funds to do it with. I'd like to get the D90 or the D300 but they are just so expensive! Where would the best place be to look that has a really good price?

B&H. Anywhere that deviates from their prices by more than, say, 10% is a scam.

B&H, Adorama or Amazon (main amazon or market dealers with a very high number of sales and a high comment mark - 97%+ area) are about your best bets.

AS OIIIIIO said any company that starts to under cut the prices by though 3 top groups should be considered very suspect and I would only deal with them if I read a lot of independant posetive reviews
I would also avoid any smaller companies who state that you must phone to comfirm the order and payment details with them - a lot (esp in the US) are switch and bait setups where they will try to hardsell you accessories that should come in the basic camera kit (like the battery) at a very inflated price, as well as anything else they can fob off on you. There is also a strong chance you will get an import model camera and gear as well (if you do get anything)

There is very little room for pricing when it comes to photographic equipment. If someone is advertising lower than BH and/or Adorama, chances are they are a scam. KEH.com for used items.

AS OIIIIIO said

:biglaugh: I just call him Josh.

All of my camera gear has come from Ebay, but I understand a lot of people are not keen on doing this. But, even if you don't want to buy there, it is a great marketing tool to see what people are willing to pay for equipment, then you know if you are getting a decent deal or really getting ripped (or scammed).

I do ebay as well.. actually a lot

BUT

I am hesitant to recommend it to anyone because you are not recommending a vendor persay.. but a place to do business. As such, there are many variables involved and your mileage may vary...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back