Good quality camera advice?

bostonHighway

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a Casio Exilim z75 with 7.2 megapixels but it's not great for taking night shots.

Any adivce on what kind of digital camera I should buy if I were to focus on more night-scenery type shots?

My price range is around $150 - $200. It's not much, but i figure since I'm still new at this, it is best to play around with something on the cheaper side first.

Any advice would be much appreciated! :D

I do have a photo of how the night shots, shot by my camera looks like, but I'm not too sure if i can post that pic up on this thread.

Do you use a tripod for your night shots? If not, then get one. That may be the only 'upgrade' you need.

I dont have a tripod. But the problem that I am encountering is that most of my night shots are coming out really dark (and not in a good way) that you can;t see anything.

One of the settings on my camera has the "night scenery" option, but all that seems to do is extend the capture time. With that setting, I have to allow the camera to stay still for at least 20 seconds or the picture would become distorted.

Is this the same with all low-priced digital cameras?

I dont have a tripod. But the problem that I am encountering is that most of my night shots are coming out really dark (and not in a good way) that you can;t see anything.

One of the settings on my camera has the "night scenery" option, but all that seems to do is extend the capture time. With that setting, I have to allow the camera to stay still for at least 20 seconds or the picture would become distorted.

Is this the same with all low-priced digital cameras?

That is why he recommended the tripod. The only way for the camera to make the picture not dark is to extend the exposure time. This goes for every camera in the whole world. Some people take hour long shots of the stars and landscapes. Just get a tripod and use the night scenery option and you will be set. It doesn't even have to be an expensive tripod because you just want something to basically hold it up and keep it still, it's not like putting 10k dollars of gear that weighs 15lbs on the tripod so your should be good.
TJ

thanks! i'll invest in a tripod :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back