Google Earth for Location Planning

Dominantly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've had the urge to get some shots of the Coronado Bridge for some time now, but the traffic is always insane and once you're in the flow, you don't get much of a chance to stop and look for a good spot or angle.

Well today I opened Google Earth and it dawned on my that you could use it to pretty much find the exact spot needed for your shoot. The map may even have photos from other people so you can get a feel for the angles and what not.

I'm pretty stoked I finally thought of it, I imagine I'll be using it pretty often to get those angles/shots that are hard to get.

I used Google earth many times, and i can see every place i wants to see, its just amzing you can see where your loved ones live and if you are away you can see you home:)

I have developed a theme for some shots I am going to take over the next few months. (I actually started this about 6 weeks ago)
I used google earth to locate parking areas and locations. I go between the terrain and satellite so I can tell where vistas might be or other neat looking terrain.
I even went to the map portion to help map out my route. And there is photo view when zooming way in. I used that to see if some of the private roads in the state parks have gates.
All very cool...what would we do without our internet connections???

2 of my girls live in California. I use google earth to see their house and street when I am missing them.

One of the great things is also the ability to see when/where the sun rises and sets and it's general effect on the terrain... Very helpful for planning shots :)

One of the great things is also the ability to see when/where the sun rises and sets and it's general effect on the terrain... Very helpful for planning shots :)
Exactly, I did this for a shot of a bridge right at sunrise.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back