Got some new Canon EOS products!

That's odd. For whatever reason, i always thought that nikons were reputably sturdier/heavier built than canons...

Regardless, looks like a really nice setup. :) Cheers on the new equipment.
Yeah, I think my 80-200 f/2.8 feels much stronger than the 70-200L's. It's plastic exterior vs. metal exterior.

Yeah, I think my 80-200 f/2.8 feels much stronger than the 70-200L's. It's plastic exterior vs. metal exterior.

I think the 80-200 f2.8 has the weight/comfort advantage as well (I think 2-2.5lbs?). My 70-200L is 3.5lbs w/tripod ring :meh:. Feels pretty solid though.

I made the switch to Canons (after much debate with my wife about getting two D200s) as part of our photography business plan, most of the events we booked this year are weddings. I decided to have two bodies - one with a telephoto zoom and one with a standard zoom. Plus if one goes out on me during a wedding, I'll have the other as backup. I've had the cameras two days now and I'm getting very used to the features and setup. Very happy with the purchase so far.

starting a business or not? Why switch to an entirely different system? I mean, I'd take a full frame canon over anything else (not a Blad), but I started on that system so I'm biased. Well you'll be happy with it. My only gripe would be putting a lens on the 30D and realizing it's properties are different with the crop. Crops don't bother me, but I imagine they would if I used 2 cameras with different values (I know I do with a film and digital but the lenses are physically different so I can mentally record their properties without crop value compensation). I'd put the wide on the 5D and have a great wide angle DSLR and put the telephoto on the 30D and it'd magnify it's use.

starting a business or not? Why switch to an entirely different system? I mean, I'd take a full frame canon over anything else (not a Blad), but I started on that system so I'm biased. Well you'll be happy with it. My only gripe would be putting a lens on the 30D and realizing it's properties are different with the crop. Crops don't bother me, but I imagine they would if I used 2 cameras with different values (I know I do with a film and digital but the lenses are physically different so I can mentally record their properties without crop value compensation). I'd put the wide on the 5D and have a great wide angle DSLR and put the telephoto on the 30D and it'd magnify it's use.

Yes I'm starting a business, most of my market consists of wedding clients. The switch to Canon has been smooth so far and I love the results and performance of my new tools. I agree with your assessment on the body/lenses combo too. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back