Government bans Incandescent bulbs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photoparsec.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How does this affect me with my studio setup. I have 2 flash heads, should I go out and buy a dozen globes before they ban them?

it will probably not effect the Photography stuff as well as Cars, probably the ban only refers to home and office and business use not specialty application.

Yes and they want us to replace them with bulbs that are more toxic when they break. Save the planet!

Check the law - there may be loopholes for special applications, such as photography. Otherwise, it may be wise to stock up now, or to decide that when your current ones burn out, you'll upgrade to non-incandescent bulbs.

its a load of crap, because as mentioned mercury is damaging to the environment. Secondly, most countries use nuclear power anyway, so where are the emissions.

Big government is bad for everyone.

And we can't destroy the planet or save the planet, we can only destroy oursleves.

what are the other options and why dont you want to use them?

what are the other options and why dont you want to use them?

The light quality that comes from CFL is simply attrocious in comparison. Period.

That having been said, I have CFLs in about half my home - and everywhere there are 'two' lightbulbs... a mix of tungsten and CFL from the same lamp is reasonable... and the cost and energy savings of CFL is nice.

Outlaw tungsten lights? That's just stupid - let the market decide... CFL saves money, so, in theory, they'll replace most tungsten lights if they are, indeed, 'equal' (but they are not).

Where in the hell outlawed these?

This'll happen in Britain soon enough. The government has sworn to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by a big amount so it's a no brainer as these bulbs use far less electricity.

its a load of crap, because as mentioned mercury is damaging to the environment. Secondly, most countries use nuclear power anyway, so where are the emissions.

I've read that the latest fluorescents have little or no mercury. When was the last nuclear power plant built in this country?

I've stockpiled incandescent bulbs by the thousands. Truckloads. You let me know when the ban goes into effect and we'll talk.

The ban takes effect in America in 2012. Land of the free... Yeah right!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back