Grandads WWII Medals, coins and shell.

LewDacris

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Pic of medals and coins which belonged to my grandad, along with a case. Have been in my possesion since I was around 8 IIRC. Thought i'd do something with them.

4518361061_016fe81518.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty cool, I like the bullet in there. With out it, I think it'd be hard to really tell these were medals of war.

They're from the 1940s, I was given them when I was 8, that's about 15 years ago and I haven't cleaned them, they've sat in a box. The coins are the dirty ones. That 'one penny' is from 1903.

WB looks off but I might be wrong

Maybe it is just me but...

Why do "whites" have to be "white"? Is there something against having the mood of an off "white" light?

Maybe it is just me but...

Why do "whites" have to be "white"? Is there something against having the mood of an off "white" light?

:lmao::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl: :thumbdown:

I have to agree with tertius on this one. I would like to also pose the question. Where do you see any white to be picky about? I see light reflecting off of the brass, copper, pewter, and silver objects in this picture. Those metals and the patena that they have would color the light reflecting off of them. The only white that I see is that small thread of white that is part of the ribbon in the far upper left. Considering the age of the medals and the state they are in I doubt that that thread is white. That being said, without you being there to see these objects in real life, you cannot tell how accurately the image reproduces how they look.

I for one think it is a really good shot. The mix of colors and textures goes a long way to convey just what these medals stand for.

Vince

Most reactions

Back