Grey Card Question

Holly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have read that when measuring your distance its best to use the grey card... It also says to take a picture of it and fill the camera screen with the grey card..

My question is when ur taking a photo from afar HOW do you fill the photo face with the entire grey area? OR does that not really matter?

Holly

As long as the lighting is the same where you are and the subject it does not matter... if possible you can have the subject hold the card and then putting your camera on manual focus go get a close up of just the gray card being careful not to shield the card from the light...

Once that is done set your camera for custom WB and pick the appropriate image... and off you go!

Holly said:
I have read that when measuring your distance its best to use the grey card...

Hmmmm.... I can't imagine what a gray card has to do with measuring distance.

I use a gray card.... ALWAYS. Simply place it in the scene, take your reading, and you're set to go.

Pete

Yes, a good tool to get an average reading for exposure. Or use a white card and adjust 2 stops down from the reading.

Sorry I should say add 2 stops up for the white card-either increase 2 stops from the aperture or the shutter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back