Reaction score
Website
www.chrisburke.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
cactus_all.jpg

and

494663774_6604820c8c.jpg

6 business days from now, I will be the proud owner!!!

congratz man...i just bought the stuff i need for the wired version. a hot shoe to pc, pc to hotshoe, and a 30' pc cable. next i wanna get this, but firs im going to get a stand and umbrella...congratz though!

but firs im going to get a stand and umbrella. ..congratz though!

dont know if your a musician but if you have an old mic stand lying around, they make GREAT stands... i picked up a umbrella/flash bracket, screwed it to the mic stand (i use a boom stand for extra moveability) and its great.. i love it... saved me the $70 that the guy at the photo store wanted to charge (he over charges for everything!!)

its a bad shot, but here it is... and now that i will have my cactus, no need for the wire!!

as you can see the stand itself isnt even up yet, just the boom.. the stand raised will bring it up another 3-4 feet.. and the boom allows me to move it around

20090111-esyghwfmaj6pe8n3nnps1gt5gk.jpg

How does it work? Do you like it? Is it of reasonable quality?

How does it work? Do you like it? Is it of reasonable quality?

what are you referring to? the cactus or the micstand light/umbrella stand???

if its the cactus, i dont have it yet (i said in my OP that I just ordered it and its on the way)

if its the mic stand i LOVE IT, its so much better than the lightstand i was going to but, it goes higher, its more flexible (due to the boom stand), and even when I bought it, it was only $25.. verses the 70 my photo store wanted to charge me..

i did use a cactus though yesterday, I borrowed it from a friend for the snowboard shoot (mentioned in the what did you shoot this weekend thread) they are GREAT.. it fired every time.. and the reviews I have read and heard are nothing short of great... i've seen some people with higher mis fire rate, but my buddy who i borrowed it from said that he's only had 1 misfire in 2000 shots... hey, it cost me 50 bucks (i ordered 2 receivers) so if they don't work (but I know they do) i'm not out that much money, and I didn't spend 400 bucks (pocket wizards)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back