Guys I need an opinion on my photography...

S5guy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, my name is Anton, im 20 years old. I was interested in the photography as long as i can remember, in the past three years i went through 4 different cameras and my next stage from my current canon s5 is going to be DSLR, but before i go crazy with spending big money i wanted to hear some peoples opinions on my photography because i know some people who think they are good in certain things but in reality they are horrible and i don't want to wsste my money if im one of them. So please feel free to criticize me on whatever you think could be improved, thank you very much guys!

Here is a link to a slide show with some of my best work
http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/AntonB_2006/?action=view&current=11777f07.pbw

And these are just some pictures i took today

a1.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

Heya Anton, welcome to ThePhotoForum.
Could you please go back into your thread and edit it some?
Like - please (!) put spaces between your photos and give them NUMBERS. That will help commenting on them.

And furthermore, please (!) take out the suggested wallpapers. If people will want to borrow a pic from you to use it as their wallpaper, let them ask you via PM (Private Message), but don't burst the seams of the forum by just putting them up.

Thank you.

I agree with LaFoto, space them out and number them also downsize to around 700 or 800px wide for display on the forum, It's much easier to offer advice when one can see the entire image.

I feel the need to say, the pocket knife in the one with the keychain is the same as one of the ones I have :D

Form here the only advice I would give is to learn the manual aspects of the camera, Don't rely on auto. I think you don't have much to worry about as far as spending money on equipment, It won't be a waste IMHO. The majority of the shots you put up are not too bad, the only ones I have any real input on are the Keychain, the creek, and the last two of the car.

In the keychain picture the knife is distracting, DOF can only do so much to remove the focus from something. It's presence cought my eye and I nearly missed the detail of the keychain.

The Creek picture, The only thing I would have done diffrent is either stepped forward or to the side enough to remove the branch from the righthand side of the frame. Other than that I really like the shot and thought.

The last two are for the most part snap shots, I look at them and think "Ok there is the car" nothing really springs to my attention, it's just sitting there. But to clarify the first shot of the car is fine, I see the car on display at the beach. Oh out of curiousity, is that a PA tag?

Yeah you have some improving to do, but ...don't we all?

Thank you for your comments guys, the link on the top of the page is to the slide show with my best work, the pictures above are just pictures i took yesterday without taking any time to think about each shot (especially the key chain, it was just sitting on the table), but all the pictures were taken in the manual mode and things like aperture and speed were adjusted for every shot.

And yes im form PA.

Thank you for your comments guys, the link on the top of the page is to the slide show with my best work, the pictures above are just pictures i took yesterday without taking any time to think about each shot (especially the key chain, it was just sitting on the table), but all the pictures were taken in the manual mode and things like aperture and speed were adjusted for every shot.

And yes im form PA.

I'm from western NY, we'er not that far from each other, I see a lot of PA tags on my everyday travels.

Most reactions

Back