Hand of the...

Parkerman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
... you decide, I couldn't come up with a title other than Hand of the maker.. which it doesn't seem like that works.

Anyways, Took the picture yesterday, did some PP on it and loved the way it came out. What are your thoughts?

DSC_1741.jpg

Thanks for the comments. I really liked it.. Just cant think of anything to call it.

I am not very good with Photoshop, so this may be a silly question but oh well: How is it that you made the hand black and white but the shell color? Two different pictures? Or did you just select the inverse of the shell and convert it to grayscale?

Looks great, by the way.

I am not very good with Photoshop, so this may be a silly question but oh well: How is it that you made the hand black and white but the shell color? Two different pictures? Or did you just select the inverse of the shell and convert it to grayscale?

Looks great, by the way.

There is a layermask, You take the original image, duplicated it. Desaturate the layer just made, put a layer mask on it, and clear out the area that you dont want in black in white. Search up layer mask tutorials or something online. They are very helpful.

Also, I didn't think that people could see the object as something else.. But, Its a rose pedal. Just to clarify.

There is a layermask, You take the original image, duplicated it. Desaturate the layer just made, put a layer mask on it, and clear out the area that you dont want in black in white. Search up layer mask tutorials or something online. They are very helpful.

Also, I didn't think that people could see the object as something else.. But, Its a rose pedal. Just to clarify.

Thanks for the reply.

Ah, my apologies on calling it a shell. I'm very tired and was also more focused on the editing you did to the photo instead of the actual content of it. I see that it is a rose pedal now.

Thanks for the reply.

Ah, my apologies on calling it a shell. I'm very tired and was also more focused on the editing you did to the photo instead of the actual content of it. I see that it is a rose pedal now.

Totally cool, I had to look at it again.. and i was like.. Ah, Damnit.. it could look like a shell.. lol. I just had to clarify it to anyone else aswell.

But yea.. Layer mask are great, I if i ever have to erase anything.. I use a layer mask. Because you can take away... but also add back to it if you need to.. Instead of you are going along.. erasing.. erasing... then damnit, you mess up.. So you have to undo, Instead you would just keep going.. then go back and correct it.

Totally cool, I had to look at it again.. and i was like.. Ah, Damnit.. it could look like a shell.. lol. I just had to clarify it to anyone else aswell.

But yea.. Layer mask are great, I if i ever have to erase anything.. I use a layer mask. Because you can take away... but also add back to it if you need to.. Instead of you are going along.. erasing.. erasing... then damnit, you mess up.. So you have to undo, Instead you would just keep going.. then go back and correct it.

Hmm..Yeah, I actually made this in Photoshop the other day:

Layer masks probably would have helped (both subjects in the photo are me).

Hm, I really want to try to edit a photo and make it look as good as yours. Maybe tomorrow I will give it a shot.

Edit: Deleted photo so it doesn't take away from your thread.

Hmm..Yeah, I actually made this in Photoshop the other day:

Layer masks probably would have helped (both subjects in the photo are me).

Hm, I really want to try to edit a photo and make it look as good as yours. Maybe tomorrow I will give it a shot.

Yea, would have made it much easier. Practice with it.. You will like it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back