Hello all, i'm back and need opinions on purchasing my first pro DSLR

I can barely afford the t1i so i'm gonna forget about the body perks of a better edition lol I'm going to look for this refurbed and then get a good lense. Probably the 50mm f/1.8 I keep hearing good things about and have seen amazing pics taken with.

I can barely afford the t1i so i'm gonna forget about the body perks of a better edition lol I'm going to look for this refurbed and then get a good lense. Probably the 50mm f/1.8 I keep hearing good things about and have seen amazing pics taken with.

well there is a lens that comes w/ it and it is a very handy/good lens for what it's worth. i'm sure most people would tell you the same

Since you asked, I thought I'd toss out this link to help.

I love my T1i, and I was very fortunate to receive it as a gift, but I know down the road I will be picking up a 5D or 7D. If I were in your situation, I'd probably lean towards the refurb 50D. It's a little more solidly built and it has about double the burst rate, which helps in motion photography. The only big thing it doesn't have compared to the T1i is the ability to capture video.

Good luck in your decision! :D

With that said, if it's all about the lens delivering the quality, what is the biggest payoff for buying a better body? higher Iso and aperture? I am thinking hard about getting a refurb 50D.

Body construction and durability is a big thing.
Better handling of high ISO (cleaner images at high ISO) depending on the camera body. So not necessarily a higher ISO, but a cleaner image at high ISO. High ISO introduces noise in the image and all cameras have an acceptable level (this varies depending on personal preferance). My XSI had up to ISO 1600 but I didnt like anything over 400. My 7D goes to 12000, I dont like much over 1600 for clean, but can use 3200 depending on what I am shooting. A 5D or 1D will have clean 3200 or even 6400.

Other bells and whistles such as better video, better auto focus system, more AF points, better LCD, top and rear LCDs, wireless flash control in body, bigger/better viewfinder, faster burst shooting (3 fps, 6 fps, 8 fps, 12 fps).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back