Barking Mad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.abritandabit.typepad.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there!

My name is Audrey (but everyone calls me "Auds"), and I guess you could call me an "accidental photographer." I'm a writer and voice-over talent by profession (although no longer on the air) and discovered photography about 7 years ago. I say "accidental" because I just picked up the camera and started shooting the lighthouses around me and on a dare set up a display at a weekend fair here in downeast Maine, and after that, was invited to display at a local gallery.

I really don't know what I'm doing as far as my camera goes. I shoot with a Sony a100 and have just picked up a Sony a350. I LOVE my Sony's but again, I have on clue what the technical aspects of any of this whole shutterbug disease I have, are and really want to learn.

I don't use PhotoShop, although I did just pick up a copy of Elements and want to know how to use it without "embellishing" anything...ya know? I like what comes out of my camera to be genuine. I have fooled around with Picnik and some other low-end digital editing software, just to see what it does.

Therein lies the rub. I'm being asked to shoot portraits and weddings and have NO FREAKING CLUE what I'm doing. I've just picked up a 28-85 lens, a 50mm lens, and already have a 18-70 and 75-300.

To be honest I prefer shooting sea and landscapes but seem to be having a tiny bit of luck with people, although, again, I'd rather not shoot them...perhaps if I knew how to properly use all this stuff I might not have issues shooting live objects vs. stuff that doesn't breath.

So um, feel free to check out the blog and my Flickr stream and say hello...oh and any advice, suggestions or tips? Yeah, I could use them!

Auds!

Last edited:
Hi Auds, and welcome to TPF!

(Great screen name! And thanks for the good intro...always nice to know a bit about new members)

Hi Auds. I checked out some of your shots on Flickr and liked what I saw :thumbup:. Welcome to TPF.

Hi Auds. I'm from coastal Massachusetts. Enjoy your stay here.

Most reactions

Back