Hello from England

JamesScudder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well always been interested in photography and have owned a few Fuji "Bridge" cameras, but finally decided to get something better, didn't go too overboard, I just got a Nikon D60, which I am very happy with. I got the VR kit with 18-55mm lense. I've come here to get some tips really and learn a few new things, its all new to me, and still playing about. I mainly photograph cars at shows, heres a few photos from the day I first got the camera, so don't expect them to be brilliant...

DSC_0732.jpg

DSC_0769.jpg

DSC_0921.jpg

DSC_0933.jpg

DSC_1019.jpg

I had left the camera in Auto Mode all day, as I didn't know any of the settings and it was pouring down with rain, any advise would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if I have broke any rules by posting those photos...

J

there are a few good books like understanding exposure-which is an awsome book. you could also look on flikr at the Nikon groups and see if they have good tutorials for learning your cameras functions.
As soon as you can start experimenting, even if its just around the house, also take off Auto and try p mode-this will give you extra control with wb (white balance) and ISO-(look these up ion google if you need to) once you understand those try shooting in aperture mode or the mode that lets you adjust the shutter speed-use that for experimenting at night with light trails from car lights. then when you are ready shoot in manual where you can adjust everything.
If you have the edditing software available shoot in Raw too, It gives you more play with your pictures :)

Welcome to TPF.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back