Help Copying Photos from disc

francheskab

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok here is my issue. I got married five years ago. Paid $1100 for my wedding photos, received two disc with about 200 photos each.

The photo cd is and exe program, so it loads as soon as I pop it in the computer. Problem is, I can't print them, save them, distribute them or anything else for that matter.

The photographer that took and created the CD is no longer in business. I have tried reaching her, but to no avail, unsuccessful.

How do I print the pictures or at least save them on my computer so I can cherish the memory??? Is there a way to get around this? Please help!

It's likely that the CD is set up for viewing only, this is to protect the copywrite of the images, which is probably still owned by the photographer (typical).

Look at your contract and see what exactly it was that you agreed to purchase. If you did indeed buy the rights to reproduce the photos yourself, I would attempt to contact the photographer at home. Note that whether she is in business or not does not affect the ownership rights to the images - it just makes it a PITA to have to deal with. Good luck.

once you put the CD in, go to my computer and find your D: Drive. Select it and see if you can browse the CD and find a folder containing your images. That would be your only hope.

once you put the CD in, go to my computer and find your D: Drive. Select it and see if you can browse the CD and find a folder containing your images. That would be your only hope.

Not completely true. Depending on how it was made, exe's sometimes are like zip files (over-simplification), and with the right software you can simply extract the files. Like I said though, it depends on how it was made.

I won't help you do this though, as I don't know what you contract stated and, sorry to say, there is no way to verify your story.

Most reactions

Back