Help on my D90, not working :(

lance70

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
HI, my wife and I have a D90 with the 18-105 lens. We had the camera about 4 months and it's been working great until this last weekend. I was taking several pictures on Saturday and all of a sudden it just stopped taking pictures for a minute and then would work again. It kept doing that off and on that day. Then the last few days I was looking at it and the same thing happens, only thing that comes up on the screen on top is a
F -- and it just blinks? I'm not sure what happened :( any ideas? Thank you.

You may want to try and reseat the lens. I was having similar problems and was told that it was probably to do with the lens, being a less than professional lens, with the plastic on it.

I used to have to do a battery pull when it froze up on me, in order to get it working again. But it would happen quite often. Then when the lense was removed and put back on, the problem didn't come back for a while. Then it happened a couple of weeks ago once, I pulled the lens, and it hasn't happened since.

Ever since I've been switching lenses more often with my new nifty fifty, I haven't had any problems.
Just a thought.

if not...sure hope you have some kind of warranty for it....... but yeh, check if the lens is seated right.

Thanks I will try that!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back