Help please!

I believe that someone saying that I need to "sharpen your photography skills some" is rude.

That was me critiquing you, which unless I read wrong was exactly what you wanted. I know I need to sharpen my photography skills also. There's always room for improvement.

I'm not being rude just honest.

first one: not really sure what's going on with this one, why is she dressed up like that and holding a knife, I don't see any connection..? And her hand kind of just fades into the background. Plus there is just some weird brown-coloured stuff going on top left corner.

nothing special about thisone looks like a myspace picture or something like that

WZahlerSoft.jpg
has potential to be your best, could be better if the nose is in focus

edit: here's how to embed them: click on the picture, making it larger. then right click, copy image URL then in your post go click the little camera over a photo icon and paste the url there

Alright, I'll try this again. Thanks Kevin. This was my first time in a studio and my first time using lights.

Whitney2.jpg

Thank you both. The first one, we were just messing around and we were going for creepy. I think a killer doll is pretty creepy. The second one actually was my myspace picture. It was taken with a regular point and shoot a couple years ago. It was before I got serious about photography.

I just meant that I don't consider that a critique. I see them as specific tips of how to make your photos better. Thank you for your feed back, and sorry that I was rude to you.

Last edited:
No problem, and again, welcome. There's a lot that can be learned here.

Alannah,

This is not to be rude, this is constructive criticism. I think your images (on your blog) just look like plain point and shoot that anyone can do. The best one on their was your waterdrop. What are your peers saying that you feel are too nice? I have a feeling that these pictures are not on your blog. Please post them so we can see.

Thanks!

Danielle

And pictures aren't always about quality, they are about content.

:lol:
Wait, no.

:lmao:

I crop very tightly because that is what my instructor has informed me to do.

Crop with your view finder when you are taking the picture. I am sure your instructor isn't demanding every photo be cropped. Well, unless every photo has a ton of useless information.

Ok, so I hope I'm doing this correctly. Thank you for helping me learn the rules and such.

Well, apparently I don't know how to embed pictures in here.
copy the link, click image button, pasteeeee

off the bat not lots of variety i feel in your blog, either your grandparents or a silhouetted forest, but i didnt look for long, ill post the best critique i can when you link your photos

welcome to the forum!

and if your photos are more about content, dont bother asking c&c, itll always end bad for you, ive seen it too many times before

Most reactions

New Topics

Back